Welcome to ASCLS-Colorado!
ASCLS-Colorado is a member society of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS). ASCLS-Colorado is in ASCLS Region VIII, which is composed of the intermountain states of Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming.
Our members are dedicated to advocating for the profession of clinical laboratory science in our state. Activities include offering and promoting continuing education, voicing an opinion about key legislation to state representatives, and recruiting the next generation of professionals. There are many ways that you can be involved in ASCLS-Colorado! If you are not a member, join today!
- Admission to the ASCLS Leadership Academy will be through a competitive application process. Applications are now available. See the attachments. An editable recommendation form is also available.
Completed applications will be accepted until FRIDAY, April 14, 2017. The deadline has been extended to the date stated previously.
Candidates must agree to a commitment of personal time and effort over 12 months in addition to a financial commitment for travel expenses to attend Leadership Academy activities in conjunction with the ASCLS Annual Meeting, the Legislative Symposium and the ASCLS Annual Meeting. It is expected that Leadership Academy participants will also attend each of these meetings in their entirety. We hope to identify funds to supplement other fees and materials costs as well as to defray travel costs, if possible. Candidates selected will be required to certify their intention to commit to attendance at all Leadership Academy activities throughout the year, the 2017 ASCLS Annual Meeting, the 2018 Legislative Symposium, the 2018 ASCLS Annual Meeting and regular conference calls, in addition to the time necessary for successful completion of the program and projects associated with the Academy.
Candidates must be CURRENT ASCLS PF1, PF2, or FYP members. Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by any current ASCLS member.
The application for the ASCLS Leadership Academy includes completion of an application form, signature of a statement of commitment to the Leadership Academy, and responses to five essay questions. A letter of recommendation and a completed recommendation form from TWO individuals are also required.
In order for your application to be considered, ASCLS must receive all completed materials by the deadline stated on the application form. Electronic submission of all required documents by email is required. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
Applications will be considered complete once ASCLS has received a signed application form (electronic signature required), responses to essay questions, and two (2) completed recommendation forms and letters of recommendation. Recommendation forms will be posted on the website, www.ascls.org and attached above.
Completed application is due April 14, 2017.
Questions or comments? Contact Cathy McNary at firstname.lastname@example.org, Past-President of ASCLS-CO or Ian Wallace at email@example.com, President of ASCLS-CO.
- An October message from Holly Weinberg, Region VIII Director to Region VIII. Read the article here. (.PDF 10 October 2016)
- The Region VIII Leadership Academy (R8LA) is open to all interested ASCLS members in the 5 Region VIII states – Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Utah. Do you have a desire to further develop your leadership skills? Has your leadership potential been recognized by constituent society officers, board members or others in leadership roles? Have you demonstrated leadership potential by participating in leadership activities within constituent society organizations? If you answered YES to any of these questions and you are currently a member of ASCLS, we want YOU! Click here for more information and here for application details.
- The Collaborative Alliance for Continuing Medical Laboratory Educators has recently merged with ASCLS! All the great high quality educational resources that have been the trademark products of CACMLE these past 43 years can now be found at the ASCLS Website. Check them out! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- The 2016 COLORADO CLINICAL LABORATORY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP application is now available. The Colorado chapter of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science has recognized the importance of choosing this career opportunity and would like to assist 2 deserving Colorado students with a scholarship. The two 2016 award amounts are $500 each. More details under the Scholarships tab or here.