JOB SEEKERS, peruse the postings below to your heart’s content. Be sure to tell your friends that you found it posted at ASCLS Colorado!
EMPLOYERS, feel free to post your open positions at no cost to you!
Delta County Memorial Hospital – Phlebotomist
Seeking a full time Phlebotomist to join our Laboratory Team. This position responsibilities will include phlebotomy, specimen processing and ordering. Applicant must have strong customer service/patient relation skills, demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and show extreme accuracy and attention to detail in work assignments.
Date Posted 03.07.2019
SCL Health – MT/MLT
Positions are at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge, and Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton. We have full time, part time and PRN positions available.
As an MT / MLT you need to know how to:
- Perform all designated procedures competently, including: Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Specimen Processing, Blood Bank, and Microbiology when designated.
- Set up and perform a variety of technical and complex tests following established procedures.
- Recognize and solve problems or determine alternative solutions for analysis if needed and report all deviations from established procedures to the Manager or appropriate Supervisor.
- Interpret, correlate and report test results. Verify computer-generated reports. Investigate erroneous test values and informs Supervisor(s) of all irregularities, errors or instrument failures and measures taken to solve.
- Perform and document quality control and quality assurance. Document all quality control failures and corrective action taken.
Date Posted 03.07.2019
SCL Health – Phlebotomist
We currently have Full Time, Part Time and PRN shifts at our different hospitals in the metro Denver area: Good Samaritan Medical Center, Platte Valley Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center and various clinics.
As a Phlebotomist you need to know how to:
- Verify patient’s identification and obtain specimens of patient blood for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture or skin puncture methodology utilizing a syringe, lancet or other approved technique.
- Calm and reassure patients who are anxious or apprehensive about having blood specimen withdrawn; explain to patient why specimen is needed in order to elicit cooperation.
- Prepare blood samples obtained for diagnostic testing in laboratory by adding type and quantity of preservative or anti-coagulant specified for test procedures requested.
- Fix blood specimen on glass slide by utilizing edge of another glass slide to smear a drop of blood across its surface for the purpose of microscopic examination by other personnel.
- Carry or otherwise forward all blood specimens drawn to appropriate laboratory for analysis.
- Receive, access, and process patient specimens (including centrifuging, making primary inoculations of media, preparing and staining of smears and/or plates, and operating semi and fully automated equipment).
- Record and transcribe laboratory test results from lab reports and worksheets into a permanent log. Route laboratory reports to patient’s ward, as needed.
Date Posted 03.08.2019