ASCLS-Colorado is the society that enables clinical laboratory practitioners in Colorado to attain their professional goals.
- to provide for the needs of laboratory professionals in the areas of education, networking, personal development, and legislative support
- to provide members an opportunity to proudly express their professional commitment
ASCLS-COLORADO is composed of 5 Districts:
- THE CENTRAL DISTRICT includes Boulder, Gilpin, Clear Creek, Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, Douglas and Jefferson counties with Denver as the major city.
- THE NORTHERN DISTRICT includes Larimer, Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Yuma and Washington counties with Ft Collins as the major city.
- THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT includes Chaffee, Fremont, Custer, Pueblo, Crowley, Kiowa, Prowers, Bent, Otero, Huerfano, Las Animas, Baca, Hinsdale, Saguache, Mineral, Rio Grande, Alamosa, Conejos, Costillo, Lake, Park, Teller, El Paso, Lincoln, Cheyenne and Kit Carson counties with Pueblo and Colorado Springs as the major cities.
- THE NORTHWESTERN DISTRICT includes Moffat, Routt, Jackson, Grand, Rio Blanco, Garfield, Ptikin, Eagle, Mesa, Summit, Delta, Gunnison and Montrose counties with Grand Junction as the major city.
- THE SOUTHWESTERN DISTRICT includes Ouray, San Miguel, San Juan, Dolores, Montezuma, La Plata and Archuleta counties with Durango as the major city. Currently the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts are active.
ASCLS-Colorado has several volunteer committees including but not limited to:
- The Membership Development Committee is responsible for recruitment of new members, retention of present members, and reactivation of lapsed members. The committee also relates to individual members in regards to membership processing concerns.
- The Leadership Development Committee is responsible for orienting new leadership and ensuring they have materials necessary to succeed in their positions.
- The Government Affairs Committee keeps the Society and it’s members aware of, and active in the legislative decisions that affect our profession.